Sunday, October 23, 2005

Parks and Playgrounds

Weekends our kids and I often go and spend time at the playgrounds and parks. It's not only fun, it's nice and cheap as well! Adelaide, as do most Australian cities have an abundance of public parks and playgrounds. It's all free and it's a great way to give our kids something to do. We live only a short walk away from a public park. It has a man made lake and lots of open space although it does have an old playground.

A lot of the new subdivisions or residential areas around town have real nice modern parks with real funky looking playground sets that are beyond the traditional swings and slides.

Kids just go wild when it comes to playgrounds, be it modern or traditional. It's a great way to relive old childhood memories. I can still fit in the swings here, heheh. Although these days, I can see a lot of thought and planning have been put into playgrounds. They are so different from when I was growing up. No more hard concrete slides or rusty metal swings I remember playing on when I was in kindergarten. These days it's all plastic and kid safe with rubberized grounds or with wood chips.

No comments: