Saturday, October 08, 2005

Our Philippine Trip: Having a Big Family

There was so much going on in our holiday that it's almost impossible to write down everything that happened. Suffice to say that the kids enjoyed their trip immensely. When it's just us here in Australia, it's difficult for the kids to realise how large a family they actually belong to. Our trip back home lets them appreciate that.

My daughter gives me a broad smile when she says she has a big family. And her eyes just positively light up when I then say that everyone of her family, from her grandparents, uncles and aunties and cousins love her and her brother.

I guess that's one of the many things we miss out on when we're so far away, that feeling of family that comes with living together. I sometimes feel that my kids are being deprived of that.

No comments: