Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Our Philippine Trip: Tagaytay



We did a few touristy things this time around. We hied off to a short trip up to Tagaytay. It was a nice day for it too. After a good lunch at Rose and Grace in Sta. Rosa, it was a quick drive up to Tagaytay. We stopped for some horseback riding. The kids had a great time at it. Although when I asked the man if I could join my kid on the horse, the words "no, you can't" didn't leave his mouth fast enough! Ah, the surly horseman! So my kids' Mom and Tita ended up riding with them.





We then went to Taal Vista Lodge for a proper view of the lake. Our daughter was excited because we told her that we were seeing a "sleeping" volcano. She wanted us to be quiet because we might wake it up!

We then spent some time at the Taal Vista coffee shop being entertained by the house band. Or should I say, the house combo. I think they were there strictly for the tourists and we stumped them for requests for kids songs. They were able to do the Alphabet song and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and the obligatory Happy Birthday Song for my kids Tita as it was her birthday that day.

On the way back, we stopped for coffee at Sta. Rosa and browsed a few of the outlet stores there. As with most outlet stores, we can't find the sizes we wanted and the selection wasn't really complete. Nonetheless, we were able to buy a few Adidas and Nike gear for cheap.

On south superhighway, my daughter did a nice thing and prayed to God thanking him for the nice day we had. And it was a nice day after all.

No comments: