Friday, March 14, 2008

Praying for Cool Weather

With the heat wave bearing down on Adelaide, the wife and I thought it might be a good idea to postpone the picnic plans we had for the boy's birthday. We talked to him the other day about moving his birthday party to some another date because of the heat and he wasn't really happy about it to say the least. He had this look on his face that was as sad a look as any little boy could muster. Then he turned around and began to pray.

"Please God," he said, "Please make it cooler on my birthday because my Dad wants to move my party." It was so touching and almost heartbreaking that we didn't have the heart to move his party. Yeah, we're suckers for this kind of thing.

So, come the day, I just hope we pack enough ice and cool drinks to keep him and the guests comfortable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww cute! And God said, "Happy birthday, Nico! Here's my present: More hot weather!". Hahaha. It still looked like a great birthday party, though!

chaz said...

Oks lang, had to move it indoors though but it's all good..