Friday, February 17, 2006

First School Award

As her parents, we've always known that she's always been the artistic, imaginative and creative type. At home she collects all things around the house that could become usesul for her craft work, this included things like cardboard boxes, pieces of colored paper, straws, strings, sticky tape, colored pens, bottle caps, cotton, etc. All this she would put into her 'useful box' and each day she would make something special out of these materials. You can also imagine the mess she leaves behind, hehehe.

At the school's show-and-tell, they are asked to present a different topic each week. In the first week, the topic was 'My Family'. We suggested that she show a family photo, but she insisted on making a drawing of the family photo ... what a brilliant idea. The next week, the topic was about something they were good at. And this time, she chose a few from among the best of her drawings that I collected over the years. She even made a very quick drawing of the "Bannanas in Pyjamas" with striking resemblance, that was my favourite.

And today, I got a nice surprise when I picked her up at school. I found out that she got an award in front of the school assembly! It was for "doing beautiful work", and she got a nice yellow certificate and a tube of sparkly glue. She's only been in school for 3 weeks now and already teachers have noticed her talent, and I was so proud of her. Too bad we did not get to see it ourselves, as we were not aware of this assembly in the first place. Oh well, I guess this means I will try to go to more of these school functions if only to spend a little more time with my girl. After all, I must admit that lately I miss having her around the house.

2 comments:

Shai Coggins said...

Wow! That's great! Congrats and well done.

chaz said...

Thanks for that shai! We do try our best. :)