Friday, October 20, 2006

Too much computer too soon?

In this computer age, kids are adapting so quickly to computers as if it was just another kitchen appliance. This was pretty obvious this morning when I was asking the little boy to spell a few words to me as he was lookiing at a poster of a fire engine. I asked him to spell the words "fire engine". He proceeded to say "F-I-R-E-enter-E-N-G-I-N-E".

Needless to say, I had to correct him to say "space" instead of "enter" next time. Just now he asked me to spell "school bus"as it was written on the toy. Intentionally, I paused after spelling the first word to see what he would say. This time he said "pace" and proceeded to spell the rest of the words. Oh well, that's close enough. Just am glad to know that he's really listening and picking things up really quickly.

No comments: