Monday, January 21, 2008

Grown-Up Funnies Part 2

Well, it was funny at the time. Anyway, we visited the beach over the weekend. Our good friends invited us to the beach because they went crabbing earlier and had a good haul of over 20 crabs. It was quite a coincidence actually because we were on our way to the same beach anyway because it was turning out to be a great day. At any rate, we arrived just in time for them to start cooking the crabs they caught just off the jetty ( pier ). They started early in the morning but because they weren't too sure they were going to catch so many crabs, they held off calling us until they got enough to go around.

Anyway, so there we were enjoying the sun and sea as well as the freshly caught seafood. Our friends' kids also brought a wakeboard with them. As I saw them try their hand at wakeboarding, falling off half the time, I thought it looked like fun and I joined in. The first time I stepped on the moving board, as expected, I immediately got unbalanced and rolled my ankle something fierce and fell flat on the beach. It seemed funny then but the pain was starting to come from my ankle.

After finishing up lunch and limping back to the car, my ankle swelled up. So, to make a long story short, here I am a doctor's visit and an x-ray later. Still nursing a painful foot... I don't get the x-ray result until tomorrow so I'll have to go see a doctor again but we don't think anything is broken ( I hope ).

That's the first and last time I go wakeboarding. It was a nice day though. ;)

3 comments:

zaizee said...

hahahaha.. you clutz! :P

(translation: DANGAG KA!)

Anonymous said...

fat man fall down, go boom! d'oh! hehehe. just kidding! get well soon!

chaz said...

Heheh... yeah, still hurts though. Someday, I can look back at this and laugh... :)