Friday, December 29, 2006

Return of the Wasp

Well, I thought I got rid of the wasps we had the last time. Unfortunately, they're back and they announced themselves in the worst way possible. Our little daughter accidently brushed against a new hive at the side of our house and she got stung by one of the wasps. She was screaming her lungs out as she held out her finger. We quickly got her some ice and meds ( clarytine and ibuprofen ) and got her to calm down. Good thing that there was hardly any swelling and right now she's all better. It was quite the shock to suddenly hear her screaming like that.

If I had a flamethrower I'd have put those wasps to the torch! But all I had was the house hold grade insect spray from the last time I did battle with them so I doused those little nasties again. Hopefully that's the last of that but I think they'll be back.

No comments: