Saturday, April 08, 2006

TV Shows to DVD

These past few days I've been busy transferring and recording lot of taped TV shows to DVD. The TV has been, like it or not, an easy way to entertain our kids in this day and age. We're lucky though that kids shows are more educational than the shows my generation grow up with. I mean, what ever did I learn from watching Looney Tunes or Voltes V or Scooby Doo? ( well, I learned that coyotes never get to catch roadrunners but that's about it... )

These days, it's all edutainment with TV shows for kids showing stuff from values education to reading, from showing kids how to be active to cooking!

Here in Australia, the Australian Broadcasting Co. ( ABC ) have a wonderful collection of programs for kids. From shows I grew up with like Sesame Street to brand new stuff ( Pinky Dinky Doo, anyone? ). The ABC have kids programs every weekday morning and my children can't get enough of them. It's a great for busy parents looking for something to entertain the kids even for a little while.

What makes it even easier for me is that I can record the shows digitally straight to the Mac and burn it to DVD. So, I can record as many shows as my hard drive can allow, then just do a little exporting and editing, then just burn it to DVD. After some time, I have a DVD of my kids favourite shows ( like Hi-5, The Wiggles, Pinky Dinky Doo and Lunar Jim ) ready for them to watch to their hearts content.

But, does this stop my kids from clamoring for us to buy a Hi-5 or Wiggles DVD in the shops? Of course not! :(

No comments: