Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Hot Water System

After our regular walk in the park last weekend, I thought I saw some water leaking out of our house's drain. I knew that we didn't have any water running when we left the house so I got curious and soon found out that our hot water system was leaking. It looked to me that it was a faulty pressure valve and when the plumber came by the next day, he confirmed that it was. He fixed it just yesterday with a new valve and that stopped the leaking but we might be in the market for a new hot water system because ours is more than 10 years old already.

I don't know how long that leak's been there and I can't begin to imagine how much water we've been wasting because of that small leak.

Anyway, I'm glad that's fixed for now but we might have to shell out some more money to get a new one. Ah, the trials and tribulations of a home owner, you have to be ready to spend on all the upkeep.

No comments: