Saturday, August 26, 2006

Spring is in the Air

Finally, winter comes to an end and the gardens around us begin to look alive with colours. What is surprising though is that some of these blooms belong to our very own garden! I must admit, since we moved to this house more than 3 years ago, we never really bothered to take care of the garden apart from hiring somone to mow the lawn every 6 weeks or so. A couple of months ago, we took an interest in it by taking out a lot of weeds and planting a few herbs and flowers in pots. There was one pot that the kids got involved in by planting seeds for flowers called anemones. And now, almost 3 months later we are enjoying the fruits of our labor .... they have started to bloom! I think I am the one most excited about this development, after all I have been regularly watering and watching them with great anticipation. Here are some photos of the flowers in bloom at our garden:



Now that there are a few blooms in the garden, what do we do with them? How can I make them last a bit longer? Bianca gave me a great idea this morning at the markets. She saw a shallow glass bowl and suggested we cut the flowers and make them float inside ... what a great idea!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI9 MEME,
BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS!! HOW i WISH I COULD PLANT SOME OF THOSE HERE IN tEXAS!! ITS SO HOT OUT HERE THAT THE ONLY FLOWERS THAT i CAN HAVE OUTSIDE ARE ROSES WHICH DOES NOT LOOK TOO GOOD!! THE BEST FLOWERS i HAVE ARE THE ORCHIDS WHICH I HAVE TO PLACE INDOORS!!
TAKE CARE AND MISS YOU ALL