Saturday, July 30, 2005

So I'm A Year Older

I celebrated another year on this earth last week. When you get to a certain age, birthdays sometimes don't mean as much anymore. But then, I'm not really big on my own birthday. When I was a kid, sometimes I wished people would actually forget it was my birthday. But I would miss all the gifts and I'd forget about it.

Nothing special about this one. It's not a milestone birthday by any means, but it got me thinking. I've lived almost half my life outside my hometown and I feel I've been missing out a lot. Not just the place, but the people and the family and the friendships. I've spoken with my sister about it and she did bring up a good point that some people live their lives without leaving the place. I guess in my age, I start yearning for the things that could have been. The old adage "the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" is really quite true.

Not that I'm complaining at all. I love my life. I feel so very lucky and so very blessed and I will not trade it in for anything.

No comments: