Sunday, May 08, 2005

Sydney's not for me

So we got back from our family trip from Sydney a few weeks ago. I got to say, it's not for me. Sure, Sydney is fine for a certain kind of crowd but I definitely am getting used to the Adelaide way of life. I am getting used to the easy going nature of South Australia, the uncrowded public transport, the easy smiles from most everyone. Sydney is a fast paced lifestyle that I don't think I'll dive into anytime in the future.

Like they say: It's a great place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

Plus the fact that a certain rental car company agent decided to make our visit as worse as possible. To make a long story short, the agent cancelled our rental car reservation just a few hours before we were to pick it up. Why? God knows. But suffice to say it ruined most of our holiday as I scrambled to get a new car.

At any rate, it wasn't a total loss. We brought back almost 500 bucks worth of Ikea furniture back to Adelaide. Once IKEA opens here next year, I don't see a trip to Sydney for anything. :)

No comments: